MATLAB is an integrated technical computing environment from the MathWorks that combines array-based numeric computation, advanced graphics and visualization, and a high-level programming language. Separately licensed toolboxes provide additional domain-specific functionality.
This tutorial provides a comprehensive introduction to the MATLAB® technical computing environment. No prior programming experience or knowledge of MATLAB is assumed. Themes of data analysis, visualization, modeling, and programming are explored throughout the course. Topics include:
- Working with the MATLAB user interface
- Entering commands and creating variables
- Analyzing vectors and matrices
- Visualizing vector and matrix data
- Working with data files
- Working with data types
- Automating commands with scripts
- Writing programs with branching and loops
- Writing functions
This tutorial uses selected topics from the online self-paced course from the MathWorks in the link below. Participants must have a Mathworks account in order to access these materials.